leon co sheriff
As an employee for the Leon County Government
You are qualified to use payroll deduction to purchase supplemental life insurance, above and beyond that of your state/county life insurance. There are two types of insurance available to the employees of the Leon County Government: Universal life and Group Term. Listed below are a few details about some of the policys benefits. If you are interested in exploring which policy is for you and other forms of financial protection for you and your family, please dont hesitate to call us at 1-800-342-0209/(850)877-1445
This policy is the same as a traditional policy, yet it has features that make it a valuable financial tool. Here are some of the benefits of an universal life insurance policy:
- Non-taxable death benefits-fewer taxes mean more benefits go to your beneficiaries.
- Direct payment of benefits-in order to bypass probate taxes, you can arrange for benefits to be paid directly to your beneficiaries.
- Tax-deferred growth-part of your premium payment will be applied to the value of the policy. This amount will earn interest that will accumulate on a tax-deferred basis.
- Flexible premiums-you can adjust your premium payment amount to fit your needs.
- Adjustable death benefit-death benefit may be adjusted without having to purchase a new policy.
Group Term Life: This policy offers death benefits for a specified amount of time with a guaranteed premium amount. Here are some additional benefits of a group term life insurance policy:
- Time specific to meet your needs-you can purchase additional protection for your family with a term life policy that lasts 10, 15, 20 or even 30 years.
- Competitive premiums-guaranteed premium rates affordable high limit coverage.
- Guaranteed acceptance for employees and their families.
- Portability-if you terminate your employment within a certain period, you have the option of retaining your term life insurance.
- Living benefit-should you or you spouse become terminally ill, partial benefits can be advanced to offset health costs.